For all of you who wondered if I had fell off the face of the earth, I assure you, contrary to the title, I am still very much alive. I normally don’t do a lot of personal updates on here, but seeing as my absence has been lengthy, I just want to share a little bit and put some hearts at rest.
To dispel any rumors, no I am not drug running down in Venezuela, I am not running a Captain Crunch smuggling ring in Hong Kong and I have not slipped into the dastardly Nashville Underground filled with Musicians, vegetarians and Swing Dancers (although those are some of my favorite people here 🙂 ).
No, for the past three weeks, I have been embarking on a journey and gearing up. So, here is the nutshell:
- A few weeks ago, I felt a strong urge to re-enroll in school…so I did. I am now working towards a communications degree and should be done next September.
- This was spurred on by a sudden, but persistent thought: I should go to Japan and teach English.
- Which led to much researching and finally settling on the plan of applying with the JET programme after graduating next year.
- My little Fern (my Saturn) blew a head gasket and died
- I began a search for a new car
- Drama ensued (I am sure that will end up a post in itself, so I won’t give the details here)
- I have had the privilege of working on some freelance writing projects, so that is exciting.
- I started school last week (and believe me, enrolling, applying for financial aid, requesting transcripts and starting school all in less than 10 days, it was pretty intense). Classes are accelerated and on a 7 week time frame. Right now, I have to prove myself and do well on one class at a time, but starting in January I will be doubling up…I can’t wait.
- While still working full time.
Ok, spelled out, it doesn’t look like that much, but it has been crazy. But I am sooooooooooo excited for the next couple of years. It’s great to be back in school and the classes that are coming down the pike are really great.
That being said, I can now say that I will be back in a more regular swing here shortly. I will try to keep school talk and Japan talk to a minimum.
And just for fun, I am looking to challenge myself a little more on the writing front, so I want to invite you all to be part of the challenge. Is there something you would like to see addressed/discussed/explored on this blog? Drop the topic in the comments. Feel free to be as challenging or creative as you want. Also, I know I have had a couple of people asking about writing lately, so I also want to throw out a warning…I may be asking some of you if you would like to guest post on here sometime *cough**Elaine**cough*.
That’s about it for the update!